<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday, December 19, 2005

Live, from Starbucks 

For the first time ever, I'm sitting in a Starbucks working on my laptop, checking e-mail and updating the website. (I just posted Howard and Lawrence's King Kong review.) Yes, I am in a faraway mountain location, but unlike the others in my group, I don't ski (tried it a few times; not worth the fuss and expense), though I still enjoy the mountains and trees and snow once in a while. Yesterday's surprise snowstorm (the weather forecasts had offered no clue) was suitably winter-wonderland, with fluffy white powder falling all day, the accumulation challenging drivers without chains. Today the snow has stopped and the streets are slushy; not quite as charming. Still a nice change of pace from sotuthern California...

PS, I've turned comments back on, this time enabling a 'moderation' feature that lets me see them before posting. That way I can delete the comment spam...

PPS, I should have explained that the reason I went to Starbucks is that the condo where we stayed had no high-speed, let alone wifi, internet access. I actually tried connecting to the internet via AOL, but the 2600 bps connection was so agonizingly slow -- with 2500 emails to download -- that I gave up.
Comments: Post a Comment


king under the dome

doctorow makers

banks transition

kress steal sky

atwood year flood

roberts yellow blue tibia

wilson julian comstock

 ness ask and answer

collins catching fire

collins hunger games

sawyer flashforward

baker hotel

disch proteus

tan tales

mazzucchelli asterios

zebrowski empties

morrow shambling

hamilton cpt future

beckett genesis

meller evo rx

bsg2

kurzweil transcend

sawyer wake

ness knife never letting go

barzak love we share

mcewan cement garden

holland sci-fi art

gladwell outliers

bittman food matters

baggini what's it all about

Still in progress:

ross rest is noise

aldiss billion year spree

pollan omnivore's dilemma



Mark R. Kelly
Profile
Email

The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of Mark R. Kelly, and do not reflect the editorial position of Locus Magazine.
Locus
Links
Latest Posts
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?