<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Thursday, March 17, 2005

Arrived Fort Lauderdale 

I left for the airport this morning, in LA, just about an hour before the emails reporting Andre Norton's death started coming in. I'd made late arrangements for this trip on an airline I'd never previously even heard of -- AirTran -- and had expected a 3 hour layover in Dallas/Fort Worth. As it turned out, due to stormy weather in Florida that delayed departures of flights heading here, I sat in DFW for nearly 6 hours, and spent the time (in between meals) reading David Mitchell's fascinating, amazing Cloud Atlas (I'm only just past the half-way point), when I suppose I should have ponied up the few bucks to log into the local airport wireless network to check on my email, and the breaking news; I could have posted the news about Andre Norton from there. Anyway, it's posted now, and it's gratifying that so many readers, expecting Locus Online to be the focal point for breaking SF news, sent me e-mail alerts about what they'd not yet seen posted. Thanks, and I'll try not to be out of touch so long (over 12 hours!) again.
Comments: Post a Comment


king under the dome

doctorow makers

banks transition

kress steal sky

atwood year flood

roberts yellow blue tibia

wilson julian comstock

 ness ask and answer

collins catching fire

collins hunger games

sawyer flashforward

baker hotel

disch proteus

tan tales

mazzucchelli asterios

zebrowski empties

morrow shambling

hamilton cpt future

beckett genesis

meller evo rx

bsg2

kurzweil transcend

sawyer wake

ness knife never letting go

barzak love we share

mcewan cement garden

holland sci-fi art

gladwell outliers

bittman food matters

baggini what's it all about

Still in progress:

ross rest is noise

aldiss billion year spree

pollan omnivore's dilemma



Mark R. Kelly
Profile
Email

The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of Mark R. Kelly, and do not reflect the editorial position of Locus Magazine.
Locus
Links
Latest Posts
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?