<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lost Transmission 

Wouldn't you know, but as soon as I get myself committed to watching a TV show every week -- which I've rarely done in the past decade -- then my cable signal goes out. Here it is time for this week's episode of Lost, and my CABLE SIGNAL WENT OUT 45 MINUTES AGO and all I see is static on every channel! (That would be my ADELPHIA cable signal.)

Possibly the disruption is related to the nearby brush fire that erupted this afternoon, on the first late Summer day of Santa Ana winds in the Los Angeles area? No way to know for sure.

UPDATE 9:45: the signal is back. But I can't stand watching a movie or TV episode from part-way through without having seen the beginning. I no more willingly do that than I would pick up a book and start reading from Chapter 12. Grrr.

UPDATE next morning: I've gotten a videotape of the episode. The brush fire rages; only one house burned, but big enough to make national news (e.g. CNN).
Comments: Post a Comment


king under the dome

doctorow makers

banks transition

kress steal sky

atwood year flood

roberts yellow blue tibia

wilson julian comstock

 ness ask and answer

collins catching fire

collins hunger games

sawyer flashforward

baker hotel

disch proteus

tan tales

mazzucchelli asterios

zebrowski empties

morrow shambling

hamilton cpt future

beckett genesis

meller evo rx

bsg2

kurzweil transcend

sawyer wake

ness knife never letting go

barzak love we share

mcewan cement garden

holland sci-fi art

gladwell outliers

bittman food matters

baggini what's it all about

Still in progress:

ross rest is noise

aldiss billion year spree

pollan omnivore's dilemma



Mark R. Kelly
Profile
Email

The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of Mark R. Kelly, and do not reflect the editorial position of Locus Magazine.
Locus
Links
Latest Posts
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?