<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Friday, November 12, 2004

Friday Evening: Mondegreen 

Isabel Glass was amused that I mentioned her presence in my WFC report. But I did not divulge her secret.

Netflix has changed its colors.

There must be some technical, or French, term for mis-understanding a spoken word or phrase, and I hereby acknowledge this fault in last night's post. Upon checking the lyric sheet to the latest R.E.M. album, I see that the phrase I thought I quoted in my title (from "Electron Blue") is actually "you know where to run". Hmm. I like my phrase better. (Update Saturday morning: the word is "mondegreen", as both Ted Chiang and Rick Kleffel advised me.)

Back to business: an essay by Bob Eggleton is in works, about the 50th anniversary of Godzilla, for posting on Locus Online.

I was sorting and reorganizing all the files on my PC today, to do a new backup of everything, and came across the directory of files of fiction and poetry fragments and drafts that I wrote years and years ago and never finished, or never sent out. People routinely ask me if *I've* written fiction or intend to. Well, yes, no, not really, I did once but got sidetracked. I sometimes worry, the morning after, if my posts here are overly self-indulgent. Perhaps the solution is to go beyond the self-indulgent into the blatantly self-indulgent, so that from now on you won't regard the moderately indulgent as anything unusual. So perhaps I will quote you... my poetry....


merrily,
the gallant iconoclasts
sprang from within
their radiant positions,
reprised their slow wisdom,
and descended momentarily,
forever




Comments: Post a Comment


king under the dome

doctorow makers

banks transition

kress steal sky

atwood year flood

roberts yellow blue tibia

wilson julian comstock

 ness ask and answer

collins catching fire

collins hunger games

sawyer flashforward

baker hotel

disch proteus

tan tales

mazzucchelli asterios

zebrowski empties

morrow shambling

hamilton cpt future

beckett genesis

meller evo rx

bsg2

kurzweil transcend

sawyer wake

ness knife never letting go

barzak love we share

mcewan cement garden

holland sci-fi art

gladwell outliers

bittman food matters

baggini what's it all about

Still in progress:

ross rest is noise

aldiss billion year spree

pollan omnivore's dilemma



Mark R. Kelly
Profile
Email

The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of Mark R. Kelly, and do not reflect the editorial position of Locus Magazine.
Locus
Links
Latest Posts
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?